ICE BREAKER SATURDAY MARCH 25 AT SALT FORK LAKE
The first OHMC event of 2023 will be the Icebreaker at Salt Fork Lake on Saturday, March 25th. If all goes well, we will not actually have to break ice to get to open water. April 2022, ODNR performed an electroshock survey and recorded a 57” monster, as well as a 53” beast! One of these two fish might just be your next personal best Muskie. If helping to contribute to the Minnow Fund isn’t enough of an incentive to come join us, then landing one of these giants will be.
The is a single day event which will run from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm, Saturday. The winning fish must be at least 30 inches or greater. The 1st place winner and any ties will receive trophies at our 2024 Banquet. All fish must be turned into the Tournament Director by 6:30 pm at the Old Marina Boat Launch parking lot or via the cell phone number provided the night before the event.
You can register for the event 1 of 3 ways:
- Register online at
- Register Here
- The online registration includes payment thru PayPal.
- Via postal mail
- OHMC, 17712 Edgewater, Lakewood, Ohio 44107
- In person
- Saturday morning from 6:00 am to 6:30 am in the Old Marina Boat Launch parking lot.
Once registered, you can launch from any public launch.
The entry fee will be $15 with a $5 big fish entry pool. Proceeds of this event will help fund the OHMC’s contribution to the Minnow Fund.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
Here are the rules for the event.
New for 2023 and going forward:
- ALL fish mush be photographed on a bump board.
- A to-be-determined identifier released the night before the start of the event must also be present in each photo. It will be found on our social media so be sure to follow us on Facebook (Ohio Huskie Muskie Club Inc) and on Instagram (@ohiohuskiemuskieclub).The identifier must be printed off or handwritten. No fish submissions with a virtual identifier will be accepted (i.e., cell phone image of identifier, edited images overlaying identifier, etc.).
- Fish submissions not on a bump board or without the correct event identifier present in the picture will be disqualified.